Badges 8]



Thursday, February 4, 2010

You're all I have.

Between you and me...I love getting compliments. Especially on my writing.

I wanted to share with you something that my really good friend said to me.
"I don't think it's about how many people read it (or who), but how many hearts you touch when people read your stuff  (count me as one please) it may be personal stuff, but there's always something to remember, something that makes it beautiful what you write, something that gets out of normal blogs . So yes, you have the talent to transmit your passion to others with your writing..."
I guess I just really liked what was said, because I've always hoped that my writing helps people, or intrigues them in some way.

I like to write with passion. Every word I write, is generally stemmed from passion. Because in all honesty, I love writing. So, so much.

I know it's probably silly, but I wanted to also share this with you. It's from the most amazing boy in the world: CJ.

"Princess Stinkyface.
 
I love you.  I am honored to call you my girlfriend.. I can spend a million years to try and describe how sorry I am for what I did, and four million for why I love you, and I'd still fall short.  I am on the phone with you now, and as much as I hate writing so little to you, I can't leave you hanging.  You might hang up again. ;)

It's 10:55.  Monday night.  February First.
 
I can't get over the fact that I am Whole-heartedly, Head over heels in love with you.
You're the half to my whole no mistaking.
 
11:05
As fingertips feel the sensation to weep,
And wax-melted candles reflect in your sleep,
A beauty that forces the pain to retreat,
Even though the waves can keep breaking.

The power of destiny pulls like a rage,
The touch of your lips, hides the beast in the cage,
For love, as does wine, gets better with age,
My heart is the one that your taking.

I hope and pray, as the years run away,
And hourglass sands, stand still as I say,
I love you a little bit more every day,
You're the half of my whole, no mistaking."


If you know anything about me, it's that I am head-over-heels in love with him. Upon reading that, I got this huge knot in my tummy--but the good kind of knot, you know? And I couldn't stop smiling. I wanted to find the tallest mountain in the world, climb it, and yell to the universe how much I love him...In truth, I've never felt more beautiful than I have or do. I can walk through the halls at school with no make-up, my hair undone, and my clothes a mess, and feel like the prettiest girl at school. CJ has helped me reach my full potential--he is what made me want to better myself. I've been thinking lately about mine and his past, and what we've gone through, and I overlooked something that, now, I'm angry at myself for not making more mention of how grateful I am for him....I was one of those stupid kids...the ones who would intentionally injure themselves because it "felt good." And, CJ is the person that helped me realize that. He is the person that helped me see that there is no point when I have all these people who love me and care about me. And for that, I cannot thank him enough. There will always be the people who say him and I won't end up together, and there will always be people rooting for us to fail...but to be entirely honest: I am going to marry him. I am determined, and we have the strength to make it work.

I could write paragraph after paragraph about him and I, but what it comes down to, is that we are two people, two twins, and two complete nerds, destined to fall in love.


Anyway, now that I've realized how much of a hopeless romantic I am, I just want to close with a larger than life thank you to every single person who has ever made me smile, made me laugh, helped me with anything, or told me that they loved me. And...I want to apologize for being so selfish and not mentioning to you how thankful I am for you.


The old Brooke, the optimist, is back. And she freaking loves it.
8]

No comments: