Badges 8]



Monday, February 1, 2010

All I want, is to find an easier way to get out of our little heads.

I'm really not looking forward to spending Valentine's Day alone...in another state.

My notebook is finally getting worn out, which, for some reason, gives me an odd sense of accomplishment. I've been writing more on a daily basis.

"I'll sing it one last time for you,
Then we really have to go.
You've been the only thing that's right,
In all I've done.

And I can barely look at you,
But every single time I do,
I know we'll make it anywhere.
Away from here."

I've grown to stop caring. I feel that in the past few days, I've reached a place where I am happy with who I am. Today, I felt more confident than I have in awhile--with no real reason to.

I've let go of everything that I've kept inside me...an old friend helped me with that.

"Light up, light up,
As if you have a choice.
Even if you cannot hear my voice
I'll be right beside you, dear

Louder, louder.
And we'll run for our lives
I can hardly speak, I understand
Why you can't raise your voice to say."

...My heater is broken. And they're back together--go figure. I've decided that I just want to move out and on. 'Family' is just a word. They just want to morph me into what they want me to be...and that's not me at all. I want to live my life by my beliefs. I want to raise my children the way I believe is right.

"To think I might not see those eyes,
Makes it so hard not to cry...
And as we say our long goodbye,
I nearly do."

Dear CJ,
It's 8:47 p.m. and ever since I hung up with you at 6:31 p.m., I have not gotten you out of my head. You see, the truth is, I love you. So much. And I am so sorry. For everything.
Sincerely,
Brooke.


Goodnight, cyberspace.

1 comment:

oh, brooke said...

I love you, Princess.

me toooo!!!

-Little Brookie