Badges 8]



Sunday, January 3, 2010

Double Standards.

1/3/10
Double Standards.

When I walk, you follow--but when I run, you fall behind.

"One fine day in the middle of the night,
Two dead boys got up to fight..."


I'm getting really tired of everyone always telling me what I want and what I don't want. Or what I should and shouldn't do.

I spent today thinking about mainly negative things; which is rare. I wish I had the guts to write about them--or even more, I wish I had the nerve to tell the people who have affected me.

"Back to back they faced each other,
Drew their swords and shot each other..."


Why is it that when I make a promise, I am forced to say the sentence in its whole? Why can't I just say, "I promise," as opposed to, "I promise I will never leave you." ...I guess it's because I earned it.

I've been deemed as 'amazing', and 'funny', and 'cute', and whatever else you can think of. If these statements are so true, why is it that I don't feel them? I am a firm believer that actions speak louder than words. You cannot call me amazing, then turn to another girl. Or friend. or whatever.

"One was blind and the other couldn't see,
So they chose a dummy for a referee..."


...Me.

No comments: