Badges 8]



Sunday, January 10, 2010

“Early to bed and early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy, and wise.”

I wrote this for an English assignment...and considering I haven't posted anything in a few days, I figured this would count.

And no, I do not attend seminary anymore.

  “Early to bed and early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy, and wise.”
    I've always enjoyed waking up hours before everyone else does just to get ready to go to early morning seminary. Kind of how I like strawberry jelly on my celery... I'm thinking it has to do with the fact that most people get to be in their own warm bed, and I'm singing cheerful songs about putting your shoulder to a wheel at six o'clock in the morning. Ah, bliss. I don't want to be sleeping all snug and warm at all, no way!
     I deem it amazing how I sit in a classroom, learning, while Little Sally Tucker gets to dream about birdies and cupcakes covered in vanilla frosting. Bleh, food. I don't miss having my breakfast, that's for sure. That big bowl of Cocoa Puffs floating in milk, I just find it utterly repulsive. I mean, I'm a kid. What kind of kid likes sugar? Not a normal one, that's for sure. Everyone loves the feeling of being hungry--it gives a sense of fullness to their lives as they're slowly wasting away in senility. Teens worry about what they eat anyways, they're always counting carbs and watching their intake verses their outtake. They cannot gain that extra pound!
    I love getting yelled at, too. You know, for falling asleep in class while Mrs. Boring-face blabs on about mitochondria infested ellipsis osmosis equations? I think that's what she was saying anyway... Oh! Back on topic: There's nothing like receiving that crisp, white envelope from the counseling center that says my average CPA is below expected for graduation. It's a great feeling--knowing that I get to slave more and more so I can walk at graduation. I don't like sleeping in anyway. I like running on 2.3 hours of sleep.

It’s always great how after your amazing day so far (because you’ve only gotten yelled at by 3/4 of your teachers) you wander out to your car so you can go home, and start that five-hundred page essay on that mitochondria infested ellipsis osmosis equations thingy to find the most adorable pink piece of paper waving at you in a friendly hello. As you inch closer, you jump in joy, for it reads: Notice of parking violation. So you think to yourself, “Gee! Luck is on my side today!”
     So, I drive home while following the world’s slowest drive (I find that endearing, by the way) then I walk into my house, write that most enjoying essay, lie down for sleep around twelve, and repeat the process. Oh, the joy of waking up for seminary….

1 comment:

Adriana said...

Oh sarcasm. You write it incredibly well.
Keep blogging. You're great at it. =)

-Adriana