Badges 8]



Monday, October 26, 2009

What would you say if I told you that all I've thought about is you since you've been gone?

Anyone can say they're in love, but it takes more than words to actually mean it. Webster's dictionary defines love as a strong, positive emotion of regard and affection, but as I reflect back on the love I've had and do have, it's far beyond what a simple definition can convey. It's silly to say that a phone call every night and texts throughout the day is love, but it's not about what we do, it's about how we feel. I'm no guru on love; but I'm not exactly stupid either. I'm a sixteen year old girl determined to find her happiness.

People always have their elementary and middle school relationships and say that it's love, I know it sounds cliche, but I've been there and know that that's far from true. Even now, I may not know exactly what love is, but I like to think I have a pretty good idea. I once read in a well-known novel, "When life offers you a dream so far beyond any of your expectations, it's not reasonable to grieve when it comes to an end," but love is but an experience; one that you never want to end. I realize it's corny and probably sounds ridiculous coming from the words of a teen, but I'm a firm believer that love does conquer all.

I've watched relationships fall, I've watched relationships build, and I've lived through them both as well, but what it all comes down to, is that love is what you make it. There is no definition.

No comments: