Badges 8]



Sunday, September 6, 2009

Breath.

I've cried more in the past two days than I have in the most recent six months of my life. And for reasons that I may never know. But, deep inside my fallen heart and tear-stained cheeks, I'm ninety-nine point nine percent sure I know where I fell off.
Have you ever had those experiences where you feel you've met your all time low? Yesterday was that day for me. And call me pathetic, but there's nothing that I wanted more than to be noticed. And if you know girls, you know that they expect to have their minds read.
For me, it's never been easy to express how I feel. I'm always too afraid to sound needy. Or crazy and unreasonable. So, instead I curl up with my favorite blanket and cry until the tears have far gone.


"You take the breath right out of me.
You left a hole where my heart should be.
You've got to fight just to make it through,
'Cause I will be the death of you.
This will be all over soon.
Pour salt into the open wound.
Is it over yet? Let me in.
So sacrifice yourself, and let me have what's left.
I know that I can find the fire in your eyes.
I'm going all the way, get away, please."

-Breaking Benjamin


No comments: